Do you want to help build a father friendly world?
Fathers Network Scotland (FNS) is seeking new Board Directors to join our passionate team as we take this dynamic organisation to the next stage of its development.
Click here for printable pdf version.
We are a young Scottish Charity (since 2010) with a vision to create a safe and compassionate Scotland where all children, their families and communities are enriched and strengthened through the full and welcome involvement of their fathers.
We aim to drive positive cultural change by inspiring organisations to engage, support and empower men to become the best fathers they can be. We’re based in Edinburgh (though we welcome applications and participation from across Scotland), a company limited by guarantee and are currently funded by the Scottish Government.
About the role:
The Board will be key to the success of Fathers Network Scotland over the next few years, providing strategic support and guidance for its ongoing development. Board Directors are also Trustees of the charity, meaning they are responsible for ensuring it is solvent, well-run and meeting its charitable objectives.
Ideally, new Board Directors will have expertise in one of the following areas:
• Finance: accounting and governance to take a treasurer role
• Law: especially family and employment law
• HR: employment law and family friendly policies
• Funding: particularly social enterprise.
However, we welcome all enquiries from both women and men particularly from the public and private sector.
• You will be asked to serve on the Board for a minimum of two years. Meetings take
place approximately every 8 weeks.
• To attend an annual Trustee Board development day.
• To represent FNS at other internal and external events depending on your availability.
• To participate in appropriate sub-committee groups – depending on your area of
expertise and availability. Approximately every 8 weeks.
• To attend any other exceptional meetings by agreement of the Board.
• Attendance at our annual AGM.
The total commitment is an average of 7 hours per month.
In return we offer a highly rewarding role…
• Enhance your existing skills and knowledge as you contribute to the development of an
innovative and dynamic organisation.
• Play a key role in FNS’s continuing work, creating positive social change in Scotland for
the benefit of our children, families and communities.
The majority of meetings take place at The Melting Pot, 5 Rose Street, Edinburgh EH2 2PR.
To apply, please send us your CV with a covering letter to explain your interest in joining our Board.
Send these to: [email protected]
For more information contact Sam Pringle (Co chair): [email protected]