Glasgow Elim Pentecostal Church
42 Inglefield Street
The Daisy Chain Early Years Project uses play-based interventions to improve the lives and life chances of children under 8, by ensuring they are safe, healthy, included, nurtured and engaged (SHINE).
0141 423 1250
Services offered at Daisy Chain Early Years Project
There are lots of opportunities for you to get involved:
- Come and Play – play sessions for parent and child
- Sunflower Group – therapy for children affected by substance misuse and other family issues
- After-School Support Programme – additional support with homework, self-esteem and confidence
- Loc de Juaca – ‘a place to play' and help with social inclusion for the Romanian Roma community
- Growing Dads – play sessions for local dads with children under 5, in partnership with HomeStart Glasgow South
- Baby Massage – six sessions for parents and pre-crawling babies
- Mums Support Group – a small group for local mums to meet for peer support
- Young Parent Support Group – support and activities for school-age parents and their young children, in partnership with Smithycroft School.
- ESOL cafe – an opportunity for local families to develop their English language skills while children's activities are provided. A partnership between CrossReach, Govanhill Community Development Trust, Glasgow Clyde College, Glasgow Life, The Well Multicultural Advice Centre and The Space.
- STEPS programme – confidence building for local parents, in partnership with HomeStart Glasgow South
- Mellow Parenting – a 14 week programme giving an opportunity for parents to meet together and explore parenting techniques, challenges and successes