Are you concerned about the effects gambling may be having on the families and children you work with?
A recent study showed 3 in 4 children aged 11 to 15 years had seen television adverts for gambling, and that just over 1 in 6 had gambled in the previous week.
We also know that 1 in 5 individuals with gambling disorders attempt suicide, twice the rate of other forms of addictive behaviour.
Gambling can have devastating effects on families and education is key to prevention. So we are delighted that on Thursday 15th October at 10:00am our friends at Fast Forward are joining us to provide an information session specifically designed for professionals supporting families on Young People and Gambling Harms.
This interactive session will give you a chance to:
- Explore and increase your awareness of current issues surrounding gambling and young people and the effects on families with a focus on health, education, prevention and support.
- Identify the impact on children if their parents/carers are experiencing issues with gambling
- Broaden your understanding of what a gambling disorder is and its relationship with other risk-taking behaviours
- Learn more about the links between online gaming and gambling
- Receive information on Covid- 19 in relation to gambling
- Signpost you to resources available (such as the Fast Forward Gambling Education Toolkit) and where to find additional support and specialised services
To let us know that your coming and get a link to the Zoom Meeting PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK
October 15, 2020 at 10:00am - 11am