Join us on Tuesday 4th June, from 10:30-12:30 in West of Scotland Mother and Baby Unit, Glasgow for our 'How are you Dad?' Advisory Group Meeting.
The purpose of this meeting is to share the findings from the "How are you dad?" pilot, the impact it has made to practice and discuss recommendations and future action.
About the Project
Funded by Scottish Government Improving Health and Well Being Fund the project is to achieve the following outcomes:
- An increased understanding by practitioners and NHS maternity staff of fathers’ perinatal mental health, and the impact this has on children and families.
- More dads being asked about their mental health.
- More mums and dads will be aware of importance of their mental health including postnatal paternal depression & Post-traumatic Stress Disorder in men.
- More dads accessing support for their poor mental health.
- NHS staff and key 3rd sector staff will be able to up-skill and support their colleagues so that this training is ongoing and sustainable.
Over 8 sessions Mark Williams, founder of Fathers Reaching Out & Chris Miezitis, Programme Lead at Fathers Netwok Scotland delivered training to 66 staff across five Health Board Areas:Greater Glasgow; North Lanarkshire; Fife; Tayside; East Lothian.
The majority of participating staff came from within NHS perinatal services, including midwifery and health visiting.
THE FULL DRAFT REPORT IS NOW AVAILABLE - HERE
Who will be attending
There will be representation from Scottish Government Maternal Health, Royal College of Midwifery, Maternal Mental Health Forum, Health Improvement & Equality Officers, evaluation expert and other interested parties.
Report and findings from "How are you Dad?" pilot
Chris Miezitis - Programmes Lead, Fathers Network Scotland
Round table discussion
Recommendations for future action
Feedback and Actions
June 04, 2019 at 10:30am - 12:30pm
· 07570 959501