This full day event will be split into three parts.
The morning will be lead by Evaluation Support Scotland, who's training was a particularly well received last year. They will provide a refresher of what we learnt last year and then build on the theory to develop evaluation which is useful to you and Cattanach.
In the afternoon we will be joined by 'Ask Dad' lead Mark Hunter from Fast Forward. The group will have a chance to discuss risk taking behaviour the effects on children and how to talk to dads about it.
To round up the day you will have a chance to reflect on any challenges that you face with your dads work and use the group to find solutions.
Evaluation Support Scotland Workshop - Participants will:
- Be able to identify simple indicators or measures that will let them know if they are achieving their outcomes
- Understand the steps and principles to follow when choosing or developing methods for their evaluation
- Identify evaluation methods that are relevant and meaningful to their project activities and service-users
- Understand how to report on the achievement of project outcomes to funders
Ask Dad Workshops - Participants will:
- Be able to identify the major risk taking behaviours dads and their children may be involved with
- Understand how dads own risk taking behaviour may influence their children
- More confident supporting dads to discuss their own risk taking behaviour and respond to their children's risk taking queries
09.30 Coffee and registration
10.00 Introductions & icebreaker
10.15 Writing outcomes and indicators: a refresher
10.30 Review our outcomes
10.45 What does success look like?
11.00 What influences your choice methods?
11:30 Methods for collecting evidence
11.30 Coffee break
11.45 Design a method for your outcomes
12.00 Methods show and tell
12.20 Case Study - Vox Liminis
12.35 Analysing qualitative information
12.50 Feedback and next steps
13.30 Risk taking behaviours and the affect on children
14.00 Supporting dads to discuss their risk taking behaviour
14.30 Supporting dads to discuss risk taking behaviour with their children
14.45 Questions, next steps
15.00 Coffee break
15.10 Action Learning Set - Challenges you face in your practice
15.50 Round up & final questions
10 Infirmary St
Edinburgh , Scotland EH1 1LT
Google map and directions