Fathers Network Scotland (FNS) wishes to appoint volunteer members for its non-Executive Board to provide strategic leadership and take the organisation to the next stage of its development. We are in the midst of delivering the Year of the Dad (www.yearofthedad.org) in partnership with the Scottish Government and a raft of organisations. This has been a signiﬁcant and rewarding step up for us as a Board and for our operational team, and we are now planning ahead to ensure sustainability.
We are a Scottish Charity (since 2010) with a vision to create a safe and compassionate Scotland where all children, their families and communities are enriched and strengthened through the full and welcome involvement of their fathers. We aim to do this through our mission of driving positive cultural change by inspiring organisations to engage, support and empower men to be the fathers they want to be. We are an Edinburgh-based company (though we welcome applications and participation from all over Scotland), limited by guarantee and are currently funded by the Scottish Government.
About the role
The Board is key to the success of Fathers Network Scotland over the next few years. This will include ensuring that we deliver on the legacy of Year of the Dad and move forward into sustainable programmes. Board members of the charity are responsible for ensuring the organisation is solvent, well run and well led to meet its charitable objectives.
Ideally, we are seeking new board directors from the following organisations and/or technical specialities:
• Organisations that work with fathers and families
• Finance: accounting and governance to take a Treasurer role
• HR: family friendly policies and employee well-being
• Funding: particularly social enterprise.
We welcome all enquiries from both women and men from all walks of life and from the public and private sector.
• To serve on the board for a minimum of two years. Meetings take place approximately every 4-8 weeks.
• To attend an annual board development day.
• To represent FNS at other internal and external events depending on your availability.
• To participate in appropriate sub-committee groups – depending on your area of expertise and availability. Approximately every 8 weeks.
• To attend any other exceptional meetings by agreement of the board.
• Attendance at our annual AGM. The total commitment is an average of 7 hours per month.
In return we offer a highly rewarding role…
• The opportunity to enhance your existing skills and knowledge relating to the development of an innovative and dynamic organisation.
• The chance to play a key role in the running and development of FNS; enabling the organisation to continue its work creating positive social change in Scotland for the beneﬁt of our children, families and communities.
The majority of meetings take place at The Melting Pot, 5 Rose Street, Edinburgh EH2 2PR.
To apply, please send us your CV with a covering letter to explain your interest in joining our Board. Send these to email@example.com If you would prefer an informal conversation about your interest, please call Ann Roberts on 07920 772701.
The closing date for applications is 10th June, with interviews arranged towards the end of June.