Fathers Network Scotland is looking for a part-time social media manager. Could that be you?
For nearly four years, Fathers Network Scotland has had a solid social media presence on Twitter, Facebook and Linked In – and a particular success on our popular YouTube channel. We’re now looking to create a more streamlined and strategic approach to social media to capitalise on the charity’s increased profile following our award-winning Year of the Dad campaign in 2016.
Download full job description as pdf.
As a five-person team working part-time and flexibly, we currently use a variety of social media apps for scheduling posts and curating content across platforms. Now we need focused action to take us to the next level and get our positive and collaborative message to families, employers, services and policy makers.
For a total of 7 hours a week, using agile working, the social media manager will:
- Work with Head of Comms to draw up social media strategy, deciding on targets, platforms, policy and weekly routine.
- Monitor all social media platforms daily for interaction and respond according to FNS policy and campaigns.
- Study analytics on all platform – and feed into future strategy accordingly.
- Work with other FNS team members to create eye-catching new memes or infographics.
- Perform regular searches for news items or features about fatherhood and post where appropriate.
- Attend up to four FNS events per year to tweet/post, & brief others to do so at other events.
- Brainstorm orgs/individuals/influencers/partners to follow on SM & reciprocally promote.
The social media manager will be:
- Passionate about the positive role of fathers in nurturing children in Scotland & creating gender equality across society.
- Trained in social media marketing.
- Ideally based within easy reach of central Scotland but working from home/own premises.
- An experienced social media follower, conversant with the main platforms, who enjoys often quick and scattered interactions.
- Experienced in building a social media campaign and able to demonstrate some success in increasing interaction.
- Able to multi-task while keeping a level head and thinking strategically.
- Able to measure social media traction and uptake of new resources/memes.
- £22 per hour for 7 hours each week, totalling £154. Paid on freelance basis.
Interested? Please send CV & covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Mon 26th Feb. Interviews 7th March pm.