Thursday 2 February saw the official launch of the Cattanach Trust Dads’ Fund which was developed in recognition of Year of the Dad.
We are delighted to be working with 10 organisations funded by Cattanach, and we will be supporting the fund-holders as they establish their projects, helping to share best practice and shine a light on the great work they’re doing.
The lucky recipients of funding are:
- Aberlour Childcare Trust (Forth Valley) - supporting dads whose partners have perinatal mental illness
- Home-Start Glasgow North (Glasgow) - new dads group work
- Children 1st (Edinburgh) - funded to recruit a dads worker to give 1:1 family support
- Parent Network Scotland (Glasgow and Lanarkshire) – teen parenting programme
- Trinity Church of Scotland (Inverness) – new dad and baby group
- Circle Supporting Families (Edinburgh) - antenatal support to vulnerable dads
- Fife Gingerbread (Fife) - dads worker with groups
- Cottage Family Centre (Kirkcaldy, Fife) - groups for dads and young children
- Centrestage for Communities (Ayrshire) - work for dads who have been in prison
- Vox Liminus (across Scotland) – work for dads in prison and their young children
We hope that this will encourage other funders to support specific work with dads to improve outcomes for children and families.
Early years work often focuses on mums as the main carer and we believe by extending this work to tap into fathers, it will be disadvantaged families who benefit the most.