Please join Fast Forward on the 28 June, 10:30-13:30 , at The Royal Society of Edinburgh for the launch of the new 'Ask Dad' Project.
Research suggests that dads are often the first contact for young people with questions on risk-taking behaviour. Yet studies also tell us that most dads lack the confidence, knowledge and information that would allow them to properly address the health queries of their children. In addition, dads can be perceived as poor role models when it comes to their own risk taking behaviour.
Fast Forward are currently developing FREE ‘Ask Dad’ customised workshops and educational sessions that will help dads respond to their children’s queries, and understand how their own risk taking behaviour may influence their children.
Fast Forward is an established and well-respected organisation that exists to give young people the skills, education and support to live healthier lives. The organisation works with young people and practitioners across Scotland to support them to understand the facts about health and wellbeing, alcohol, gambling, substance misuse, smoking, mental health and online safety. The Ask Dad Project will work with dads to improve their knowledge of these issues so that they can talk to their children with more confidence and give sound information and advice. To find out more HERE.
The event will provide an opportunity to:
- Find out more about the project and how you can access this FREE training
- Find out how to get involved with shaping the training packages so they are relevant to dads
- Meet other people from across Scotland who are working with dads
- 10:30 - Registration and refreshments
- 10:45 - Welcome and introduction to Ask Dad
- 11:00 - Guest speaker (TBC)
- 11:30 - Group discussions/ creative information gathering on risk taking behaviour training that dads need
- 12:15 - Groups feed back
- 12:30 - Closing remarks
- 12:40 - Networking lunch
- 13:15 - Close
22-26 George St
Edinburgh, EH2 2PQ
Google map and directions